Put It On the Altar

Last week, I had a lot on my mind. I was thinking about so many things. Worrying about doing well in my school work, missing my family, thinking about my spiritual life and so much more .  I kept praying and asking God to speak to my heart. I asked Him to tell me something that would just assure me that everything would be ok. On Sunday, we had a trip to the ruins of Columbus's first settlement and we visited the beach.  It was a two hour drive and usually on these long drives, I listen to my music.  As I was listening to my music, the song "Put It On the Altar" by Jessica Reedy came on. 

"Listen, you been worried and cryin’
Cryin’ and worryin’
But you’re not alone, you’re not alone
See you have a friend in Jesus, and He knows all about it
And He’s gonna do what He promised you
See everything that you’ve been worried about, put it on the altar"

All of sudden when this vesrse came on, I felt this unusual feeling and tears began to slowly fall from my eyes.  It was so unexpected because the song is an up-tempo song and I usually never cry when listening to a fast song but this time it was different.  I felt God speaking to me.  The message was loud and clear. I needed to stop worrying and let God take care of it. As hard as that maybe sometimes, I know that it is something I need to do. Only way I can get peace of mind.  I am in a beautiful country living the life, therefore i need to sit back and enjoy it.

Hope you are as blessed by this song as I was.


Comments

Popular Posts