Grace Gift


Christmas is finally here! This is by far my favorite time of the year. The lights, the baking, the food family time, etc.  I always hate when Christmas comes and goes because there will be no more lights, no more Christmas carols and no more cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies (you now I live for these movies. Haha!!). Christmas just brings such a warm feeling with it. And this year it was LITERALLY warm but I digress…lol.


This morning as I read the story of Jesus’ birth, I had an overwhelming revelation.  Luke 2 verse 32 says, “He is a light to the Gentiles…” Isaiah 9:6 tells us some of his many names. Wonderful, Counselor, prince of peace, and the list is endless. So I thought to myself, Jesus came down as a gift to us.  His birth, life, and death gave us the gift of grace and salvation.  A gift that keeps on giving. A gift that even if opened today, it’s value never decreases as time goes on.  So even though tomorrow is on it’s way and Christmas is out the door, His light still lives within us.  The Bible says that he is Emmanuel, “God with us”. Therefore, although Christmas may be over, He is still with us and His grace is covering us every single day! And I am beyond grateful for this gift. So enjoy this holiday season knowing that His gift lives within us!

Merry Christmas from my home to yours!!

Akeila, xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts