The Greatest Love Story


As Valentine’s Day quickly approaches, we know that love is on everyone’s mind.  Everyone is thinking of all the different ways they can display their deepest affection to their significant others.  Although I always find myself single around this holiday, well actually more like all year round ha!, I still love this holiday. I love LOVE. It’s that simple.  I am a helpless romantic and I love pouring out love on others.  So instead of moping around because I am single and won’t receive a single rose or a box of chocolates, I choose to dwell on the greatest love story known to man.  
 
It’s a story that has been told for generations however it’s a story very seldom told on Valentine’s Day. I don’t know why.  Reading and hearing this story only makes me want to love and be loved.  If you haven’t guessed what story I am talking about as yet, I’m talking about Jesus dying for us.  Oh y’all thought I was talking about “Bey & Jay”, or “Will & Jada”? Nope.  I am talking about the King of Kings. The Lamb. Jesus. 

He made himself human so that he could die for our sins in order for us to have a chance at eternal life.  “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).  He knew that we couldn’t save ourselves.  We are too sinful and so he became the ransom.  He decided to lay down his life so that we could have new life. 

Just picture it.  Jesus holding his cross.  Beaten... Bruised... Humiliated... Mocked.... Nails in his hands and feet.  Through it all, he did not go back on his promise.  He knew He had to fulfill His purpose.  Now that’s love. How many people do you know would give their life just to save yours?  I’ll wait…….

Not to many huh?

Many people search the world for love.  They look for it in people, money, possessions. I know because I used to be one of those people.  At the end of the day, those things don’t leave you fulfilled. Those things are fleeting. But not the love of God.  His love is different.  It’s unchangeable. Unshakeable. It never gives up on us. It’s faithful. Dependable. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres (1 Corinthians 13:7).  His word says that nothing can ever separate us from the love of Jesus (Romans 8:38).  That’s the type of love I want.

So wherever you find yourself this weekend, whether you are single or have a significant other, my hope is that you would think about this love story.  Anytime you don’t feel loved, read this story over and over until you are reminded that you ARE loved. Place your hand on your heart.  The very beat of your heart should let you know that He loved you enough to let you live another day.  HE LOVES YOU and no one can ever take that away from you.  This is one love story I am glad to be apart of and in time you will be glad too!


Happy Valentines Day <3
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts