Finding your Purpose

I haven't wrote a blog post in such a long time.  School has picked up speed over in the DR and i haven't even had enough time to write. During these past few weeks so much has happened.  I have been learning so much at school as well is in my spiritual life.  God has really been opening up my eyes little by little and showing me what my purpose is here on this earth. 

Two weeks ago, I was watching a service online and the pastor that was preaching said something very interesting. He said, "We find our purpose in the context of the time we spend in relationship with others".  When i thought about it, i said to myself this is so true.  I aspire to be a child/school psychologist once I am finished with school and that means I would spend most of my days counseling which is what I love to do.  However, with the classes I have to take at school and how difficult they are at times, I sometimes second guess if I made the right career choice.

I started thinking maybe I should have looked into another career choice because taking psychology at my school just felt like a headache.  I knew that it was something I wanted to do but I just felt like if you are doing something you like/love, you shouldn't struggle as much.  I began to feel like I wasted 3 years of my life chasing a dream/aspiration that maybe wasn't worth it.  Well this past week changed my whole perspective.

After expressing my feelings of frustration and doubt, I asked God to show me what I should do, where I should I go.  I asked Him to show me what is it that He wanted me to do. I asked Him to confirm His purpose/will in my life.  Well you know they say if you ask, it shall be given unto you.  In this past week, I have been able to talk to some of my few friends and help them out with some issues they were experiencing.  I always say that I am so glad that my friends feel like they can confide in me with their problems.  After having like 3 different conversations all in which I had to  give counseling, a light bulb went off in my head and the quote from the pastor came back to my mind.

I realized that one of my purposes here on earth is to give counsel to those who are in need of counseling.  The reason why I continue to struggle through my psychology classes is because counseling is what He has called me to do.  The more i spend time in relationships with others, I realize it more and more.  I was blinded for awhile by my struggles and I started to doubt what God had in store for me.  But that's the amazing thing about GOD. When we doubt that He will do what he promised us, HE shows up and shows us He can!

So if you ever doubt your purpose here on Earth, continue seeking God and asking Him to show you because sometimes its been there all along but you were blinded by the obstacles that stood in front of you. Keep asking and He will reveal it unto you.! Be blessed. xoxo



Comments

Popular Posts