Smile

So one compliment I have gotten time and time again here in the Dominican Republic is that I smile a lot and that I like to laugh.  It's true. Anyone who knows me and knows me well, knows that I like to laugh. I like for people to make me smile and I like to make others smile.  Some may think, "dang this girl laughs and smiles at everything", which is totally not true.  But here is how I look it. Why not smile? There are so many things to smile about. I wake up every morning and the fact that I am able to breathe another breath of fresh air makes me smile from ear to ear.  I am living in another country which is a tremendous blessing, so why not smile?  I am protected by the blood of the Lamb, so why not smile? I have a peace that only God can give me and if that is not reason to smile then I don't know what is. These are just a few. This morning I woke up late, didn't eat any breakfast, it was pouring rain and Tuesdays are the longest day of my week.  I could have easily complained and moped around. But I didn't.  There was not one time throughout my day that I did not laugh or smile.  It is said that a smile can brighten up someone's day, so I can only hope that someone's gloomy day was somewhat brightened by my smile. Sounds cheesy but hey. I want people to realize that even though things might not be going well or they are having a bad day, there are so many other positive things they can focus on.  Sometimes I'm guilty of focusing on the negative but today I choose to smile. Maybe you should too :)   

"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles.  It might be the only sunshine he sees all day."

Comments

Popular Posts